SWEET POTATO SOUFFLÉ
Don't worry about this soufflé falling. It is quite sturdy and wonderful regardless of the height. You may find yourself eating spoonfuls right from the dish! Be sure to allow the sweet potatoes to cool before combining them with the rest of the ingredients, or they will cook the eggs and the soufflé won't rise.
6 cups mashed sweet potatoes, cooked and skins removed, cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
10 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup rum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cooled mashed sweet potatoes with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Beat on low until just incorporated. Do not over beat of the soufflé will not rise.
4. Butter a 2-quart baking dish and fold in the sweet potato mixture.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the soufflé is firm and golden.