HONEY CRÈME ANGLAIS
1 cups heavy cream
4 large egg yolks
1/4 cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1. In a heavy bottomed small pot, scald the heavy cream. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until blended in small bowl.
3. Slowly, very slowly, add the hot cream to the egg mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
4. When all the scalded cream has been whisked in, pour the mixture into a clean heavy-bottomed pot.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats a spoon. DO NOT BOIL!
6. Pour mixture through a strainer. Melt the 2 tablespoons of honey in the microwave for 5 seconds, stir into the strained mixture and set over a bowl of ice to cool. Stir every couple of minutes to cool more quickly.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.