ONION & PAPRIKA GRILLED POTATOES
These potatoes have a fun factor making it is easy to enlist help in the kitchen to assemble these flavor packed tuber packets. Along with SUMMER CORN SOUP, they make the perfect accompaniment to steamed lobster or skirt steak grilled with red fresno pepper & garlic.
Nota bene: These packets may be made a few hours ahead of time and left on the counter.
1 pound baby potatoes cut into 1/2" pieces
1 yellow onion, small dice
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, picked off stem
8 teaspoons butter, sliced into 4 pats
4 tsp olive oil
Minced garlic, optional
Minced parsely, optional
1. Preheat grill to 500 degrees F.
2. Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil into long rectangles 8 inches wide.
3. Divide the potatoes into 4 portions and put each portion on top of aluminum foil.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of onion on top of each potato packet.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves over each packet (add optional parsley and garlic).
6. Season each portion with 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a couple grinds of pepper.
7. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil all over each packet and top with a pat of butter.
8. Carefully lift the opposite long sides of aluminum together and fold over to seal close to the potatoes.
9. Fold the end pieces of aluminum up and then twist to make handles on each packet.