QUESO DE CABRA CON SALSA DE TOMATE Y BASIL
Obsessed with Spanish tapas and sangria, our entire clan loves this dish. To make certain there are leftovers for lunch the next day, double the recipe and use a cast iron skillet to make this oven to table Spanish tapa. Simple to prepare, a bottle of Spanish wine and 30 minutes are all that is needed to make this plate. From one entertainer to another, keep a sliced baguette in the freezer and this is a filling gourmet treat certain to wow any surprise guests.
A well stocked pantry includes cans of crushed tomatoes. Any mild plain goat cheese is delicious.
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
20 leaves basil, chiffonade
6 ounces goat cheese
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
Pinch of red chile flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 baguette, sliced and warmed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix the tomatoes, basil, garlic, and red chile flakes together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the sauce into an OVEN PROOF GRATIN DISH. Pinch goat cheese over the top of sauce.
4. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling hot.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with a sliced baguette and additional basil leaves for garnish.
SERVES 4 to 6