Placing the flatbread on the bottom shelf of the oven results in a crispier crust. Any cheese combination may be substituted for the mozzarella and the provolone, but at least one should be a good melting cheese.
1 precooked wood grilled flatbread
3 cups baby arugula
Parmesan Reggiano cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
Fresh mozzarella balls, sliced thinly
2 slices provolone cheese ripped by hand into smaller lengths
1 lemon, cut in half
Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven or grill to 500 degrees F.
2. Scatter flatbread with both cheeses. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
3. Place the flatbread directly on lower rack in oven (or turn off hot grill and place pizza on grilling rack—close the lid) for 2 to 3 minutes or until crust is the desired crispness.
4. While the crust is cooking, toss the arugula, cranberries, shraved Parmesan, and pistachios with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Finish with a few grinds of fresh black pepper and a sprinkling of salt.
5. Use long tongs to slide the pizza from the oven on to a pizza tray or CUTTING BOARD Top with salad mixture.
6. Using a pizza cutter, slice the pizza in horizontal 2" slices and then slice the other direction for easy to eat small squares. Serve immediately.