OFYR Edamame with Truffle Salt
Sometimes the simplest things are the most delicious. This is an addictive, healthy, fun and easy way to enjoy green on a plate. Edamame are the young, soft, edible soybeans found inside the pod that eventually grow into the dry, hard beans used to make tofu and soy milk. A fabulous protein and fiber packed lip smacking snack, try serving this as an appetizer while the main course is cooking on the grill.
These nibbles are great, fun and healthy lunchbox editions. If truffle salt and truffle oil are unavailable, try olive oil and sumac, or olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
1. Bring a MEDIUM POT filled with water and the kosher salt to a boil. Add the edamame, boil for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, immediately plunge the edamame into an ice box to stop the cooking and preserve the brilliant green color.
2. Place the edamame directly on the grill, or in a CAST IRON SKILLET.
3. Add the olive oil, immediately followed by the edamame. Place the skillet on the iron surface of the OFYR. Cook until charred, dark spots appear on the edamame, turn over and char the other side.
4. Drizzle the grilled edamame with truffle oil and toss with truffle salt. Taste and add more truffle salt as needed.
5. Serve hot, or at room temperature, with a dish for the empty pods on the side.